
I noticed that my last couple of post have been quite the downers. Needless to say in the name of "count your many blessings". I give you a few of my favorite things...these are not in any particular order....
*Hot baths, nothing quite soothes MY soul quite like a long, scalding hot bath... (I try to make this a nightly ritual..)
*Crisp, clean sheets...couple this with the aforementioned and I am in heaven...
*Good Movies...old, new, scary, funny, I don't care as long as it's good...(We just saw "Horton Hears a Who" yesterday and we give it 2 thumbs up!!)
*Brand new babies, I think I am cursed to be eternally baby hungry there is nothing quite like a new baby (Mindy is already making me jealous with baby Peyton)...
*Oreo Cookies and Cold Milk, need I say more....really...
*Acqua Di Gio, preferably on Tom but I don't discriminate :)
*Americas Funniest Home Videos, I'm old school I know but nothing is better than a good belly laugh at someone else's misfortune. (I still laugh out load when I think about the lady on the motorbike, giving the kiss of death....Candi? Kelly? you know what I'm talking about!)
*Thunderstorms, possibly my favorite kind of weather, especially when cuddled up with someone I really like....
*Sleeping with my babies in my bed, call me crazy but I love having them in bed with me, so does Tom and I really do miss it when I finally get them sleeping in their own beds. Sure they get sweaty and wiggly but there is nothing quite like a sweet baby to cuddle with, especially when Tom doesn't get home until 2 or 3am.
*Girlfriends: I feel so blessed to have so many close girlfriends. I love the long phone conversations, the play dates, the girls nights out and the (of recent) IM conversations. You all know who you are and I don't know what I would do without you all.....
*Being Married: Sure there are the fights the annoying habits and the full release of any reservations when it comes to bodily noises but who cares....being married rocks. I get to have my best friend with me all the time, and he "gets" me completely. I wouldn't trade it for anything..
*My Kids: along the same lines of the previous, sure you get stretch marks, and no sleep, rare showers and even less time alone there is nothing like being "the one" they want when they are scared or hurt, or just sad...love it!
*Blogging: yep I love it, it's awesome to stay in touch with everyone, and for the first time in a long time I am finally keeping some sort of a journal.
*Family: As I'm sure most of you know family is the end all with me...it all begins and ends with family. It is by far my most treasured possession. This includes my little family and all of my extended family. When I married Tom is wasn't "his" family and "my" family it was our family and I feel blessed to have in laws that mean so much to me. On my side it has been so nice to live so close to everyone and that is by far the hardest thing about leaving to Denver.
Well hopefully that was a more upbeat post, I now tag the following to list their favorite things:
Jenny
Jen (yes, you Jennifer Gilbert!)
Mindy
Amy Briscoe
Amy Lillywhite
Suz
Emma
Krystal
Becky

1 comment:
Hey, there are a lot of us Jen's out there :)!!!! As I was reading, I was hoping you'd make it into a tag...
Post a Comment