Sunday, March 09, 2008

Our Weekend...


This has been a whirlwind of a weekend. It started with Marianne and Becky coming into town Friday afternoon. It was soooooo nice to see Becky, (we haven't seen each other since Nov.) Candi watched the kids for me and we all went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. It was so nice to get away and reconnect with Becky. It's funny because after that long it was like we never missed a beat. I guess that just how it is with true friends.
The next morning we drove to Laketown for Ruths funeral. It was beautiful and so nice to see everyone and hear all the fun stories and memories of Ruth's life. She was such a amazing girl and such a blessing to our family. I am so glad my kids were able to get to know here and I am sad that we won't have her around anymore. I love that she was able to teach them about people with disablites and "normalize" it. Now when Riley and Brooke see someone with downsyndrome they aren't scared they just say "hey, they are like Ruth." I think that was such a blessing and I just hope they remember her.
We then made the trip back to Honeyville for the burial. I drove Logan Canyon for the first time and was so nervous. It didn't help that it was a little rainy and snowy but I did it and was so proud. I felt bad for Frank and Amy because we were following them and the probably thought I was driving like a grandma...sorry.
At the cemetery we pulled up and Riley said "I know what we are doing here, we are going to plant Ruth." I laughed so hard, and I guess it's kind of true. We put them in the ground and they will be raised again into something beautiful and new. I think this is especially true for Ruth since she will be resurected with a perfect body. I guess it bring new meaning to the phrase "Bloom were your planted." After the burial we all went to Ted and Jens. It was so nice to just let the kids play after a long day and visit. We then came home and crashed. Church was good today and since Becky was here Tom went to priesthood. He was so glad to go and I am glad to have a husband who actually wants to go to priesthood. We are in charge of sharing time on Easter so I attempted to start to plan it with our class but with 5 year olds this should be interesting. Tonight we went to dinner at Candi and Kelly's it was so nice to not have to cook. Gotta love that. Anyways Suz is coming to visit me tomorrow since her boys are out of school so I am going to let Riley stay home, I know horrible mom seeing as he had missed so much time being sick but I think we deserve a fun day.

P.S. This picture was taken thursday. Elle has found a new true love Fruit Cheerios...I love them too because they keep her occupied...

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love the comment about "We are going to plan Ruth." That is so true! I have never thought about that. How wonderful that we have such a grand knowledge of our Heavenly Father's plan for us! We truly are blessed!