Tuesday, March 11, 2008

3 year old with golf club + 6 year old Sheriff = ouch!

Today was a good day. I finally made it back to the gym after a long hiatus. It was good to finally get my butt moving again and it gave me a chance to visit with Candi so that is always good for the soul. Candi took Brooke home with her today and so after Riley got home from school we went to pick her up. Well we were hanging out for awhile when the kids went outside. No longer than 10 minutes pass when Riley comes in holding his head and crying. At first I though he had fallen off the trampoline. In between sobs it became clear that he had actually been hit in the head by Eriks golf club and had a huge goose egg with a little cut on it. Luckily it hit the side of his head and Riley is in need of a serious hair cut so it helped cushion the hit. I felt so bad. Riley was injured while trying to be the sheriff. He was worried that Erik was holding the golf club too high so he went in to tell him and in the process managed to get whacked. Poor Erik was like, what happened? I never cease to be amazed by kids’ resilience. Within an hour or so Riley was doing somersaults and jumping around. I can only imagine if I got hit in the golf club what I would be like. It would most likely involve a bed, a icepack, some ibuprofen, and a pint of ben and jerrys.

No comments: