
Well yesterday I had a doctors appointment for my ears. As many of you know I have quite the long history of hearing loss and if you spend enough time with me have heard me say more than a couple of times.."what?" I went to the ENT clinic at Mckay. It was good, the audiologist informed me that I have moderate hearing loss and should look into hearing aids...are you kidding me? What could be worse for my poor husband than having his 26 year old wife show up at his work with double hearing aids. I was literally laughing my head off when she told me. That is sooooo much worse than even having braces as an adult. Now don't get me wrong I am not anti-hearing aids, just anti-myself in hearing aids...especially right now. Well the Doctor talked to me and said that he first looked at my hearing test and was like, ok moderate hearing loss we can deal with this, but then looked at my chart and was like whoa! she's really young to have this much hearing loss. He informed me that it is likely genetic and something that hasn't probably changed much since I was little. He said he would hold off on hearing aids at least for a while since I am "catching" at least 92%-96% of all the conversations. Awesome!!! I just laughed, I always thought I was an old soul... I have to go back in a year and have it rechecked so we will see if it gets any worse. So don't be offended when I say "What?" all the time, now you know why...

2 comments:
what?!?
you'd be cute ;)
I understand how you feel!!!! I would hold off as long as I could. Right now I feel VERY OLD because my temporary bridges keep falling out. I feel like an old lady!!!!
Post a Comment