Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Elle's 1 year old...really....

Well today is officially Elle's first birthday. I can't believe a year has past by. It had been such a busy year but Tom and I both admit that the highlight of the past year was when our dear sweet Elle Rose was born. There is just nothing quite like that moment when you first see your baby. I remember Tom and I just looking at each other crying and laughing all at the same time. Elle is such a sweet girl with a personality that is so different than her brother and sister. She is a little mischievous and has this silly little grin she does to get mine or anyone within eye distance to look at her. She has started walking everywhere and it has become her main mode of transportation minus momma carrying her when her legs get too tired. She is the most fearless baby I have had and is never afraid to try new things as long as no one tries to hold her! She is the apple of her daddies eye and loves it when he comes home, if he leaves the room with out her she will throw a fit until he comes back. Tonight was a fun night, Tom came home and we went and ate at a fun little diner for dinner. Elle of course was the star of the show and everyone kept stopping to see her. Brooke even got a little jealous and had to come sit closer to Elle to get some of the attention...After that we went to Costco (yipee), and then came home, Elle fell asleep on the way home so we had to sing to her while she was sleeping on momma. Of course as soon as that was done, she woke up luckily in a happy mood. We opened presents (Riley and Brooke used their own money to buy one) and then had cake. Grandma Lillywhite had sent a card and then called and all the babies got to talk to her so that made the night even better. The kids were thrilled today as they all got letters from the Lutz Clan and even money to go get some ice cream (I know what we are doing tomorrow). Grandma Lillywhite had also sent a package with stickers and other goodies so it was a good mail day for them. Anyways this is a way long post but if this is going to be the closest I get to a journal then so be it. We are still settling and I must admit the homesickness is setting in but we are doing great in all, I am looking forward to the weekend. I'll post some video's tomorrow.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

i was thinkin about her b-day at the firework s sunday...

Asia said...

Happy Birthday Elle! Kate would love to send some pictures and notes, so please let us know what your new address is. Love Ya!

Frank and Amy said...

Elle is such a cutie! (and Brookie too) We are glad you guys are getting settled in. Ava missed Brookie at Grandma Lillywhite's last time. She thinks she should be there every time. When we tell her that she is not going be there she just laughs and says "yes she is"

Love Amy and Frank

BookwormMom said...

Happy Birthday Elle!!!

It really has gone by much too fast!!!