I had heard on the radio that if you wanted to see the Broncos at training camp this would be the weekend to go and see them. I informed Caterina that we would be attending practice this Saturday and she had better get ready. The minute those words came out of my mouth she immediately jumped for joy and couldn't contain herself. She began by making the most incredible bows you have ever seen with beautiful "Bronco" orange and blue colors. I let her enjoy the moment and then informed her that practice started at 8:30 A.M. and we would need to leave early to see some of the starters.
The reality of Saturday was this, we finally left the apartment about 9:30 arrived at Dove Valley a little after 10:00 and practice wrapped up around 10:50.
I would now like to share some thoughts that I had during practice. Enjoy!!!!
I was grateful for Caterina's eagerness to attend practice but for the first few minutes she and Elle mistakenly thought this was just another day a the park!
I think Riley had a good time but you never know with this kid. Anytime you ask him to get
ready for a picture you don't know if he's getting ready to do number 2 or smile.

She also has learned some of Riley's photo moment techniques. This is known as the number one face.

As you can see in this picture Mike Shanahan (Broncos Head Coach) thought he saw in me a potential walk-on water boy!!!!!!!!!!

Then......I stood up!!!!!!!!
The reality of Saturday was this, we finally left the apartment about 9:30 arrived at Dove Valley a little after 10:00 and practice wrapped up around 10:50.
I would now like to share some thoughts that I had during practice. Enjoy!!!!
I think Riley had a good time but you never know with this kid. Anytime you ask him to get
ready for a picture you don't know if he's getting ready to do number 2 or smile.
Brooke loved her Bronco colored bows and she received many comments from the other fans about her bows.
She also has learned some of Riley's photo moment techniques. This is known as the number one face.
I tried to get some pictures of some the players. Overall it was pretty cool. I didn't realize how close we would be to the players. It was like being at your sons football game we were right on the sidelines.
This is the starting defense.
Those guys were HUGE.
If I were to stand next to them
I would probably only come up to (#24)
Champ Baileys helmet.
As you can see in this picture Mike Shanahan (Broncos Head Coach) thought he saw in me a potential walk-on water boy!!!!!!!!!!
Then......I stood up!!!!!!!!
Anyway we had a good time and enjoyed watching a little football. It actually worked out great that we were only there 45 minutes any longer and the kids would have probably exploded with heat exhaustion. (Just kidding we had plenty of water) It's just amazing to think that these guys are millionaries(Overpaid? Oh yeah!) and that they get to play football for work!!!!!!

5 comments:
my name is mindy and i am a bow-aholic too...
okay... now i feel dumb... this was tom. yah! go broncos... (i am trying to be macho now... forget about the bows...)
Wow looks like a blast! Especially considering the number 1 and number 2 faces. It looks like you could reach over and trip one of those dudes.
Oh,not just Mindy...Apparently now I have to go and make some Raiders Bows for Talia....
Raider Fan huh, Tom is now questioning our friendship....
:)
Dani
Post a Comment