Thursday, February 28, 2008

Yes...I am your mother...


Elle is in full fledge stranger danger mode. If anyone outside of our immediate famiy, (i.e. Tom, Dani, Riley, and Brooke) even attempt to hold her she will respond with a screaming, writhing fit. I have to admit that in some evil way I like that she just wants me, but then I realize that means, she just wants ME. Not so fun! Well today I got Elle down for a nap and was going to run to the store with Brookie while Tom did homework and watch Elle. Well Tom's phone rang and woke Elle up. Now let me just say that today was not a pretty day for the Lillywhite househould, namely me. I had my hair pulled back and had a baseball cap on and no makeup (and yes I was going to the store like that, I call it my mom uniform!). Well I picked Elle up and tried to console her but she just kept screaming louder and louder, and acting like she didn't want me to hold her. I finally realized she was freaked out by the hat and took it off. By this point she was in a melt down and it took another 3 minutes to get her to realize that yes..in fact I was her mom. Once she realized it was me she got all cuddly, and giggly and I just had to laugh. What a funny little girl. We talked to Kathryn today and Ruth is still in the hospital. I'll keep everyone updated. Also I just realized that I haven't put the other Lillywhite family news. Fred is getting married to a sweet girl named Sarah on May 30th in the SLC temple. She is very sweet and we are so excited for them. Congrats...

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I have had my own children look at me that way, when I have no make-up on. I tell them it will be okay, and they look at me like, "It won't till you look normal..."