Sunday, August 03, 2008

9858 days....and counting....

So yesterday was my birthday. I can't believe I am 27, for some reason that just seems "older". Not good or bad just older. I had a great birthday and if I didn't know better I would think Tom was trying to keep me "round and happy." Friday night he came home and took me out to our new favorite restaurant, "Old Chicago" they have delicious pizza and it helps that it feels like we are with family thanks to the pic on the wall of Candi (come on tell me it doesn't look like her, who know she had a second life in Denver?). We had a great dinner and were finishing up when both Riley and Brooke consecutively decided they needed to go to the bathroom. Once I got back for the second time I noticed our waitress was walking over in our general direction with a HUGE chocolate chip cookie, topped with ice cream and a candle. I didn't think much of it, and actually when they stopped at our table I had the thought, "Oh that’s cute Tom called them over for Elles birthday!" Well obviously that wasn't the case and after announcing to Tom that he was dead they all sang to me. Now understand this is a pet peeve of mine, I hate it when they sing to other people, I get embarrassed for them. You can only imagine my embarrassment when they announce to the whole restaurant and then sing to me...so bad. But on the light side Tom got a good laugh and the cookie was REALLY GOOD. That night Tom told me I had to be up and ready by 8:00 the next morning, which I wasn't but I was ready by 9:00. He took me to a cute diner and we had a late breakfast. Nothing like good ole' diner food. Then he and the kids gave me my gifts. Tom got me a manicure/pedicure at a local salon and even set the appointment for me; he must have noticed my hobbit feet and decided to take some action. So we went home and then I went to the salon, with my new book Twilight (yes, I'm a little behind and that’s a whole other post...love it!!) for some nice time to myself. I go to the salon and they are acting kind of weird, asking my name and seeing if I am the one with the gift certificate. I was kind of worried that they lost my appointment but then she told me to hold on and when she came back she had a bouquet of flowers for me. Tom was such a sweetheart and dropped off flowers the night before so I would get them there. I was so surprised and just kept giggling, I think the little Vietnamese girl thought I was crazy. Needless to say it was super fun and relaxing and just darn fun. Afterwards I came home and Tom was making a cake with the kids, it was somewhat of a disaster, as the middle was some form of primordial ooze but the edges tasted delicious. Tom was a little sorry but I wouldn't have had it any other way. Afterward I cuddled up on the couch with my book, put the kids for a nap, and sent Tom golfing (I couldn't have all the fun). That evening we went bunk bed shopping and also got a new little table. All in all it was probably one of the best birthdays of recent and the only thing really missing was family and friends. Isaac was baptized yesterday and I wish we could have been home for it but hopefully we will see them soon. So that’s about it. Thanks for all the cards and gifts, it's nice to be missed. Sorry for the long, super duper post...hope it wasn't too cheesy, but it is what it is...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom is such a cutie!!! And yes that pic does look like Candi. I hope you are loving your new book. I love them!!! In fact I am re-reading the first book to get ready for the movie. Then I need to read the new book as well....Hope things are going well in Denver!!!!!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Dani!