Today was Rileys last kindergarten field trip. Lucky for Riley (and me) Tom was able to go with us and we had a fun time. It was at Cold Springs Fish Farm (I think that is the name). All the kids were able to catch a tiny little trout and we had a picnic. We let Brookie catch a fish, she was a little nervous but was so excited. I have to admit, I kind of had a hard time with it all. I am all for fishing and even keeping/killing (how ever you want to look at it) but as I watched 90+ 5 heralds torturing these little trout I was a little edgy. The kids were just flopping those poor fish everywhere, one little boy kept holding his little trout out of the water and saying "look it's talking." I don't know I just have a ha
rd time watching them suffer. But what ya gonna do, I don't want to be the psycho mom anymore than I already am...hehehe... That being said I was in charge of putting our two little fish in the buckets and taking them to get whacked...as I sit here I wondering how Tom lucked out of that? Oh well, we had a picnic lunch with all the kids and then played on the grass and in a big volleyball pit. It was so nice to have some time together with my hubby...even if it is with a gaggle of kindergartners. I am once again nominated as the worse mom ever, poor Elle got sunburned today, just on her right arm...honestly what is my prob
lem? I feel horrible about it , and if she has skin cancer later on we all know who to blame...
P.S. I have two dead 6 inch trout in my freezer if anyone is interested....food storage anyone?

2 comments:
Don't feel bad Dani....
it's happened to the best of us with children with fair skin!!!
lemon pepper seasoning...
Post a Comment