
So we are back in the swing of things. My little Brookie is in Kindergarten and I am just trying to figure out were all the time went!!! She is in full day Kindergarten and loves it. We are all slowly adjusting to the early bedtime and even early mornings but we are getting there. I was so proud of myself that I didn't cry when I dropped her off. She is adjusting to all of it in stride minus the automatic flushing toilets. I forgot to take her potty one morning last week before she went to school, as soon as she was gone I realized it and was worried but figured she would go at school. Yeah, not so much. She came running in the door from school and barely made it to the bathroom. When I asked her if she had gone at school she said, "No, the toilets flush by themselves and scare me." AHHHHHH! I felt so bad, she had not gone to the bathroom since 8pm the night before, yep 19 hours of holding it. That girls got one tough bladder. After a lot of discussions and bribing (yep not below me) she came home triumphant today and informed me she used the toilet and it only got her tush a little wet. What a silly girl!!!
Riley started 3rd grade and though back to school night was a rocky start he seems to be doing great. Tom and I realized that he has finally reached the age that this move was a little harder on him. He makes friends so easily that any fears I had about him adjusting to school have disappeared. It is weird to think about Riley being in 3rd grade. I remember a lot about 3rd grade, and it is weird to think that all the parenting mistakes I make now he just might remember. Let's hope he remembers the good parts too.
Elle is adjusting to being home with Mom all by herself but she is kind of like a lost puppy. She follows
me around and I hate to admit it but has watched Shrek 2, at least 4 x in the past 3 days. Yep awesome mom here. She is back to taking naps (she stopped during the summer) and that has made a world of difference. The house stays so much cleaner with 2 less kiddies but I miss like crazy and am happy that they are walking back in the door by 3:15pm. Now if I could just get use to the waking up early part!

5 comments:
Oh my goodness Dani I can't believe your sweet little baby boy started the 3rd grade! The last time I saw him he was brand new! Where does the time go!?!
I know it goes too fast! How life changes huh?
So glad to hear that Brookie's first day of school was good. Morgan says,"I am so happy that Brookie had a good first day. I used to be scared of the auto fushers myself but I am ok with it. I miss my friend!"
That is all so fun! I can't believe that those kids are as big as they are. Doesn't all growth stop when we don't see each other? ;) I didn't expect to cry with dropping Ashley off, but totally did.
I love the pics. I miss you and your family. It is kind of hard having one at home alone. LucyJane sleeps while Summer is at kindergarten. That leaves Logan and I home alone. I like the one on one time, except when I have things to get done.
Post a Comment