So I have been pretty homesick this week. I think it's the natural let down from having visitors and just talking to everyone from home and wishing we were there. Tom and I have both been extra homesick this week because Tom's parents are both having a few health issues and we wish we were close enough to run up to Bear Lake on the weekends to help out. I guess that is the hardest part is feeling like we are just far enough away that we can't run home whenever the desire or need hits. We are liking our ward and our area and I have to say the ward is very close knit I think in part to the fact that there are so many people away from there families. I swear 1/3 of our ward is from Utah and moved here for work just like Tom and I so that is comforting in a way. I helped start a babysitting swap group that has been fun and a good way to get to know other couples. I don't think I posted about our new callings. Tom got called to be the Home Teaching Coordinator, and also is the Sunday school teacher to the 12/13 year olds. About 4 weeks ago the whole primary presidency was reorganized and I was called to be the 2nd counselor. I was a little shocked considering at that point I didn't know anyone in the ward. I am really starting to enjoy it and really like the girls that I am in the presidency with. I love being in primary and often feel like it is so easy to feel the spirit in there. The only problem I am now facing is the fact that Brooke as a Sunbeam wants to talk to me and "help" me whenever I am conducting so that should be interesting but I do love being in there with them.
Anyways that's about it not much else very exciting has happened this week just the usual school stuff.
I have been sooooooooooo tired and can only figure that is the, going to bed too late and the waking up too early that is killing me. Also I wanted to give a shout out to Josh and Steffany, they are getting married Dec. 7th and we are so excited and happy for them. Josh is lucky to get a girl like Steffany and I am very excited to add her to my list of awesome sister-in-laws. I thought I would put up some pictures of the babies as they are growing up so fast.
Riley is loving school, but he always has and has adjusted good to the school thing. I am actually loving the early start early out schedule because he is home by 2:45 so we still have a lot of time together. OK, enough of the ramblings...and this was going to be a "short" post. Until I post again.....

5 comments:
I know how you feel Dani, the good thing is that it does get better as you meet people and become involved with people in your ward. One thing that we do on the Christmas's and Thanksgiving when we aren't in Washington or Utah is have a big dinner with families that are in the same situation. And it makes it nice because you don't have to make this big stinken dinner all by yourself. The bad thing is that I don't think Homesickness ever goes away. Or atleast it doesn't for me. I still with we could be up in Washington or Utah around family. Though I doubt that will happen.
I can't believe that photo of elle- i thought it was brook for half a sec!
Your kids look so cute all dressed up! Way to go...back in primary...you are so good in there! I am sorry you are homesick. I know how you feel. At least you are within driving distance...count your blessings:)
We are looking forward to your visit, it really won't be too long. And just a note, it's Steffany. Love ya! (Yes that is my deleted comment, I had a typo and tried to fix it.)
Post a Comment