Monday, June 01, 2009

Growing up...


So it has been forever since I did a "real" post so many things have been going on that I seem to get overwhelmed and think, "I can't post until I get caught up". Well I am going to post anyway. The kids continue to grow and it makes me sad to look at the pictures from last year to now and see how much they have changed. Riley's last day of school was on Thursday. He had grown and changed so much this last year. He reads so well and we were so lucky to have him in such a good school. I am so excited to get to have all my little ones home with me for the summer. The house just feels better when everyone is home. Another big development is Elle and her growing interest with the potty. Last Friday I ran to target and they had the cutest potty chair. It was only $12 and I figured we would give it a go. She had tried sitting on the toilet but always hopped off as fast as she sat down. I brought it home and figured it would just be a toy for a while as I didn't really think she was ready to start potty training. Well she dragged it into the bathroom and started stripping down. Sure enough she peed in it. I couldn't stop laughing, here is my 22 month old baby using a potty chair.



I thought it might be a fluke thing but she consistently uses is 2-4 times a day. I am not really pushing the full potty training yet, I am letting her set the pace. She is dry in the morning when she wakes up so we take her then and she is like "Speedy Gonzalez". Such a funny girl and just shows me how fast she is growing up. Brooke is her same cute self and just a busy body.



We are looking forward to a fun summer spent in the pool working on our tans. Work for me has finally slowed down and I will finally have a set in stone schedule that will start in July. I will work Wed and Thurs nights and that is it!!! It really hasn't been that bad as of lately but the days have been flip flopping around a lot which makes it hard to plan stuff on the weekends. But we have been blessed to only need a babysitter for about 5 hours once a week as it is so that makes it easier. In fact this morning my kids were devastated to wake up and see me here instead of the babysitter as they think she is more fun. (Some days I would have to agree). So the real true benefit of the new schedule will be that I will only need a babysitter for 1 morning and then I will have 5 days off and no weekends. Yipee!! Well I will try and write more often and keep up on this beast of a blog. I need to blog about all of our fun little vacations and Tom's graduation. Maybe tomorrow. Adios...

5 comments:

Mindy said...

I feel the same way about Peyton.. she is growing too fast, catching on to things a little too fast for my liking. Ah, but it is fun1

Anonymous said...

The kids are so adoreable, I can't wait to see them in July. And yes, I can't wait to hear about Tom's graduation. Love you guys!!!

Goldthorpes said...

Elle looks so grown up and she even acts grown up using the potty, yea for Elle,

US!! said...

Wow they are getting so big! We are excited to see you guys soon!!

Anonymous said...

Tom - what is your email. It has been way too long!

Todd J. (johnson.tpj@gmail.com)